Foundations of Building an Information Product Business
Building a niche information marketing business involves five major stages:
- Identify A Niche – The most important thing to remember here is to find an evergreen niche that is profitable. To know whether a niche is profitable or not, you need to do a thorough market research.
- Keyword Research – This is a process of identifying profitable keywords in that niche. Keywords are words used by the users when they are searching for something online. Profitable keywords are keywords that have high searches and low suppliers.
- Find Affiliate Programs – This is a process of finding reputable affiliate programs or products that match your chosen niche.
- Build Website – This stage involves building website, writing quality contents and driving traffic to it through Search Engine Optimization, solo ads or some other means. The most difficult task here is “writing quality content”. You need to spend a lot of time and effort to write contents that have great value for your visitors, as well as SEO.
- Promote Your Website – This is the process of using both paid and free methods of promoting and attracting web traffic to your website. Some examples are Solo Ads, pay-per-click advertising (paid), article marketing (free), and Web 2.0 (free).
Interpreting Niche Data
The data you receive from free sites such as Google is invaluable in telling you how popular a particular niche is and whether it is seasonal or evergreen. The most profitable niches have high amounts of keyword searches year round, and are consistent from year to year.
For example, on Clickbank you can use advanced search and filters to find exactly the infoproducts that fit your needs. This lets you get much more specific in your search and weed out infoproducts that aren’t a good fit.
Benefits of Advanced Search
Here are some ways you can use Advanced Search to improve your results:
Exclude keywords from the search that don’t make sense for your niche or audience
- Search for keywords only within a particular category
- Look for high $/sale infoproducts. This is especially important if you’re doing paid affiliate advertising
- Find the newest vendors to promote by setting the Activation Date to a recent date
- By narrowing down the options you can find great infoproducts to promote that will give you the best return on your information marketing efforts.
Your objective is to find the best possible infoproducts within you niche that your customers are going to love. So before you offer any infoproducts, you want to make sure the people who already bought them are happy with them. To do this, you need to research customer reviews.
Many websites that offer affiliate products – such as Amazon – have sophisticated customer review programs in place that make it easy to determine how popular a particular product is before you offer it to your own customers.
Such programs typically include satisfaction ratings and even written reviews in which customers explain exactly what it was about that infoproduct that they liked or disliked.
Tapping Vendor Potential
Another additional research method is to reach out to vendors directly. It’s a good idea for you to reach out to the vendor directly to try to get a review copy of the infoproduct, or to buy the infoproduct directly if the vendor doesn’t provide review copies.
Buying the infoproduct can also be useful since it lets you test out the vendor’s purchase process and customer support, and lets you feel comfortable recommending that infoproduct to your audience.
Sending visitors to a vendor who doesn’t reply to email or provide a good buying experience is the quickest way to lose face with your visitors and keep them from buying through your links in the future.
Reaching out to vendors is also a good idea because they may be willing to offer extra benefits or perks such as sales bonuses, customized affiliate links, custom landing pages, or any number of other benefits.
If you’d like to have access to even more powerful marketing tips, as well as a way to generate conversion-ready Internet marketing prospects each month, click here to learn about my done-for-you system.